Filming, product photographing, outfit shoots and tackling the email back log – just what bank holiday weekends were made for right? Okay, probably not, but I did start the day off with a ginormous Easter egg for breakfast so at least I got one thing right.
1) This weekend I’ve fallen in love with a few things, some old and some new. The newest of the bunch being Nails Inc Baker Street, a shocking deep blue which looks amazing with a slouchy white jumper – my other love. After a serious spring clean of my bedroom I rediscovered this baby, and I’ve had to try super hard not to live in it all weekend. I also found my MAC Studio Fix powder foundation lurking at the back of my makeup drawer and after reading a recent Into The Gloss article on more matte bases making a comeback, I thought I’d get reacquainted. It’s love by the way, and a post on my favourite ways to wear this will be making it’s way onto the blog soon!
2) A couple of people have asked if I’ll be doing a new room tour after my room switch around… Although the decor is the same it looks pretty different and the make up storage has changed a lot so a room tour has been filmed and is on it’s way! I’ve halved my wardrobe and have so much more space to store things and I’m so happy with my new makeup set up – I cannot wait to show you all 🙂
3) Aside from the weekend of blog related antics, the boy and I took some time out today to visit relatives and spent the afternoon playing with my little cousins – they are both just too adorable! We’re also thinking of getting our bake on tomorrow and whipping up some VDM cookies – if you don’t know what they are make your way over to viviannadoesmakeup.com right now and find out, you won’t regret it.
4) There have been some majorly good blog posts floating around the blogosphere this month, so I thought I’d give a little shout out to my favourites in case you haven’t come across them:
- Zoes post on Snog Marry Avoid – I used to love this program, and now feel exactly the same as Zoe. I also love putting on a lot of makeup when the mood arises and trust me, it doesn’t always look natural. I have days where I fancy dying my hair pink and consider starting my half sleeve, so the thought of a program labeling that as “weird” does upset me.
- Abbie form Unobserved and Rebecca from From Roses have both recently whipped up some gorgeous interior related posts which inspired me to move my room around and create something I was actually happy with. Big thanks to both of them!
- This Chicks Got Style’s 10 Wardrobe Essentials was a really great read, I love being nosey and thinking of new ways to stream line my wardrobe, and this was a great help during my massive spring clean.
- Finally, this video by Charlotte Tibury is just the shizz. I love a video that actually wows me – for what ever reason that is, and I just find Charlottes videos really do that for me.
Phew! I think this post is long enough now – sods law there’s probably something vitally important I’ve forgotten to update you on but oh wells! I hope you’ve all had a lovely Easter weekend – let me know what you got up to or what your favourite posts/videos from the past few weeks have been so I can have a look!